Petrochemical plant to start operating in Bolivia in 2016
The urea and ammonia plant being built by South Korea's Samsung in central Bolivia will begin operating in 2016, President Evo Morales said.
Work is progressing satisfactorily and the plant is expected to be completed by the end of next year, Morales said during an inspection of the facility on Saturday.
The $862.5 million petrochemical plant in the city of Entre Rios is the biggest investment project in Bolivia's history.
Morales was accompanied on his tour by Carlos Villegas, the CEO of stateowned energy company YPFB.
About 80 percent of the urea produced by the plant will be exported and the remaining 20 percent will be used domestically, Morales said.
The plant will make Bolivia selfsufficient in fertilizer production, the president said.
The Andean nation currently imports all the fertilizer it uses, Morales said.
The Entre Rios plant is expected to produce 756,000 metric tons of urea annually and will consume about 1.4 million cubic meters per day of natural gas.
Otros Temas de Interés
Bolivia to invest $695 mn in gas projects
Spanish, Chinese companies to build railway in central Bolivia
Mexico's Pemex buys dormant fertilizer plant
Las Historias Más Recientes
Una exposición sobre los "cero puntos", Las caras del fracaso en Eurovisión
Viena corona hoy al ganador de la 60 edición del Festival de Eurovisión
Domadores de Cuba remata a Guerreros de México y pasa a la final de la Serie Mundial
El escritor mexicano Xavier Velasco habla de sus obras a través de un títere